Sign in to follow this  
Vinny

Calorie Counting And Maintenance

I just punched in some numbers on a calorie counting site; here's what has come up:

543602_10150869618626584_695811583_11880724_80833663_n.jpg

I'm quite surprised to see that 2984 calories will see a 0.5kg loss to be honest. I have been eating around 2700/2900 a day and have not been seeing that much loss.

Perhaps I need to eat a little less than this to account for water retention? Maybe something around 24 a day instead?

Aye mate I have done something similar lately.

Mine came in around 3000 or there abouts so I decided to just opt for 2500 per day even on training days.

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ Have a butchers here and at the end go thru the different options ie standard recomp etc. Im on a 50% carb, 30% Protein and 20% fat at the minute

Im cutting on 2,800 kCals a day. It's a slow cut but still. :P

Guest ExperimentB76z

Have you tried monitoring your calorific intake and macro breakdown with myfitnesspal.com ?

Yeah Rob thats the diary etc Im using

I've just signed up to that diary. I'm vjohn82 on there... and will keep a log from now on!

Good shout!

I'm quite surprised to see that 2984 calories will see a 0.5kg loss to be honest. I have been eating around 2700/2900 a day and have not been seeing that much loss.

I am cutting on that amount on training days and I am a lot smaller than you, but probably a lot more anal in recording all sources of calorie intake through the day :P As Rob suggested, use myfitnesspal and make sure to note everything down, ideally using specific brand/foods you are eating and not forgetting that butter you must be putting on your peanut butter sandwich ;)

It's funny, when I first saw myfitnesspal I thought "oh geez, how lame, as if I can be bothered to log everything I consume". But you know what it becomes strangely addictive/therapeutic/fun very quickly.

Its a pretty big eye opener too. Yesterday I ate absolutely shitloads but turns out I ate too well and didn't have enough calories.

the barcode scanner on myfitnesspal is really good too and makes things a lot easier although sometimes it scans as something completely different!

the barcode scanner on myfitnesspal is really good too and makes things a lot easier although sometimes it scans as something completely different!

Yeah I found that when scanning anything thats been reduced in price with another barcode over the top of the original one, comes out with something completely different.