Sign in to follow this  
umairarif

Doing Every Thing Right But Not Loosing Fat??

Any diet followed by binging on garbage would be bad!

For sweet stuff, just eat more fruit. I've found that an apple or an orange after a meal does the trick for me. It never really did before, but now that I'm into it and doing it, it's so much easier to stick to it. I cut up a pineapple this morning too. Fresh pineapple is great. Grapes, berries...there's really no end!

Dinner tonight: 1/4 lb. pork tenderloin pounded flat with salt, pepper, garlic and oregano, cooked up in some coconut oil, a zucchini, onions and mushrooms also cooked in coconut oil, and a big spoon of peanut butter to top it off (I know, the pb isn't paleo...but I have a jar of honey-roasted I don't want to throw away. Tonight finished it off!).

Spector, I've seen you've made casein in numerous posts. Are you using casein throughout the day or mixing it with your whey?

Both!

I use very little whey. Most of my protein consumption is in the form of casein and some is in the form of Beef Protein Isolate or egg protein. I probably only use 1-2 scoops of whey per day. A normal shake is 3 scoops, blending the various kinds of protein.

Thanks Keenan.

Why primarily the casein? Is it primarily for the slow releasing effect of casein or for some other reason(s)? With the whey, are you using it at specific times (i.e. post-workout) or just to mix it up?

Thanks Keenan.

Why primarily the casein? Is it primarily for the slow releasing effect of casein or for some other reason(s)? With the whey, are you using it at specific times (i.e. post-workout) or just to mix it up?

Blending protein types, in general, is a good idea as different amino acid profiles will complement one another. Casein in particular is more filling (MUCH more filling) than whey and keeps you full for much longer. Every study I've ever read has shown casein blends to be superior to whey alone for muscle growth. I never used to get much out of protein supplements until I started using casein a lot and my strength and muscular development increased readily when I added casein to my diet. I consume some liquid protein post-workout, but during the week if I'm busy I'll frequently snack on 3 scoops of various proteins and then some fat such as dark chocolate or cavewoman's paleo crunch (made from nuts, seeds, and such).

For protein, I order Muscle Feast naturally flavored or unflavored casein or whey in bulk, and I've recently been a big fan of Carnivor beef protein isolate, though I typically combine one scoop of that with 2x scoops of other protein as the carnivor has a fair amount of carbs in it. Otherwise, it's pretty awesome.