Sign in to follow this  
Nagolina

Holy Shit What's Happened To My Ass?!

I think I have discovered the reason my jeans don't fit as well as they used to...

I tried on a pair of loose fit jeans this morning (well they used to be loose fitting till I started this lifting caper) - they were very snug in the thigh but I am getting used to that. I was really shocked to discover that they were tight round the butt and I couldn't work out why since my measurements have only gone up slightly but not enough to make me a lardass by any means...

I went through to brush my teeth and caught sight of my side reflection in the window. I noticed that my ass sort of swoops down in a curve from my lower back and STICKS WAY OUT!

So, from this I have deduced that I look quite normal from the front and back (thighs look slimmer from this angle and butt looks quite neat) but from the side I look quite....well...like a shit brickhouse :D

My shape has changed completely and I'm not sure I like it, it's just not what I was expecting to look like at all after several months of strength training. I do look stronger and not so wobbly but I did not expect to look this much sturdier.

I'm still waiting for all the muscle to magically melt the fat away like that bastard Mhedi promised on his webpage...

Anyone else having an ongoing fight with their clothing?

Seriously, Pauline, enjoy your big booty -- you've earned it. It took me nearly a year before I migrated from the ranks of the flat-assed over to the junk-in-the-trunk brigade (and I'm still a junior member). A nice round ass is a good thing! Just ask any of the guys around here.;)

• Upvote 1

A nice round ass is a good thing! Just ask any of the guys around here. ;)

Haha. Yup

Amy :D

I wasn't exactly needing more booty when I started this lark...damn thing needs it's own postcode now.

Mike, thanks for the male pov...will try to embrace the bum!

You want an even harder fight with your clothing, do weighted hip thrusts, they'll make your backside grow like a weed. :):P (Trying to spread the word of glute growing)

You want an even harder fight with your clothing, do weighted hip thrusts, they'll make your backside grow like a weed. :):P (Trying to spread the word of glute growing)

<penny drops>

I have been doing these...! (I thought blokes liked little teeny butts?)

Definitely not where I'm from. :P That's why jeans tend to fit rather tightly in that region, it makes the backside look bigger.

At least you know why they're growing now.

(I thought blokes liked little teeny butts?)

Say what?

I have found a relative reason to put this?

• Upvote 3

(I thought blokes liked little teeny butts?)

That's what a woman with a teeny butt would tell you...

After a pretty face, the booty is the most important thing on a girl. Then maybe her personality or whatever.

Booty is more important than boobies.

I love HUGE butts.

Whenever a girl's booty grows, it's a blessing from <insert deity/dogma/science here>.

• Upvote 1

This is the side effect of squats and afflicts all humans of either gender. But if you heard guys like tiny asses you need to stop getting your information from the hipster crowd.

Guest TheWereWolf

Hahaha, this was an amazing topic to see on the front page....

Now for my moment of inappropriateness...

http://tinyurl.com/5ubo4rp

Lol, moving on.... I'll weigh in. As someone who generally likes petite girls, I STILL like them to have some curve. I'm still not a "big ass, big boobs" guy, but a nice butt will still make me say "DAT ASS". Pretty sure it's a pre-programmed response :P

teeny tiny butts are definitly not my preference, either, a woman is suppossed to have a shape, and by shape I don't mean ruler shaped

Seriously, Pauline, enjoy your big booty -- you've earned it. It took me nearly a year before I migrated from the ranks of the flat-assed over to the junk-in-the-trunk brigade (and I'm still a junior member).

+1. I used to be captain no-ass for the longest time. Then I started squatting and deadlifting heavy-ish things, which has upgraded me to captain minor-ass.

I am pleased with this promotion, and look forward to moving up in the ranks even more.

Who knew there were so many songs about big bums?!

I'm quite relieved that the sight of the huge (but only from the side!!) bum will not make guys faint in terror actually. Which begs the question - why are we women so hell bent on making ourselves smaller? For other women?

Chris, this ain't T-nation, so there will be no pics :P I would rather poke my own eyeballs out.

Amy & Janelle, I am loving your descriptions...and so glad that lifting has brought some positive changes in the booty dept!

There is still the problem of my clothing fights...I am down to 2 pairs of jeans and some combats and a few dresses (which ride up at the back cos they have to go over the butt) it's a problem!

Someone needs to design clothing for squatters' proportions.

Because women don't know what men want but think they do so they tell other women and then it spirals. :P

And here I was thinking we were all descendants of Theseus (ancient Athenians were, apparently, known for having slender/flat butts but claimed it was due to their famous, mythical ancestor who left a part of his butt in hades).

+1 to hips, butts.

My wife is on the verge of stopping breastfeeding, which did a great job of shedding post-baby fat. But I've been complaining she's lost too much - her butt is disappearing!

Guest TheWereWolf

Chris, this ain't T-nation, so there will be no pics :P I would rather poke my own eyeballs out.

... I'm on the wrong site.

So it's all down to chinese whispers eh?

Ben, you need to get your wife to start squatting, apparently that's great for butts :)

... I'm on the wrong site.

Wash your mouth out :o

I'm late to the party, but yes, I can quote Spinal Tap here.

Big bottoms... talk about mud flaps, my girl's got 'em.

Seriously, the authors of "Fit" style magazines should stop getting emaciated cardio bunnies and telling you to look like that.

Seriously, the authors of "Fit" style magazines should stop getting emaciated cardio bunnies and telling you to look like that.

Berin, thanks! Cardio bunnies :D love it...Well, the butt hasn't shrunk overnight so I reckon it's here to stay!