Sign in to follow this  
IronStrong

The Clean

You definitely wouldn't jump at 2. You'd probably wait a little while longer than 3. But you don't wait until the bar's actually in the hip to jump. You jump around mid thigh, or little higher for snatch, and the bar hits the hip when you extend.

Some excellent food for thought from Coach Glenn Pendlay on the Clean:

http://californiastrength.com/videos/viewvideo/49/clean/clean-and-jerk-final-thoughts-by-glenn-pendlay

Interesting. Learn the clean first, huh? Thoughts on this?

Good point, Derick.

This may seem off subject, especially since it is a squat, but it is in regard to Glenn Pendlay's coaching style. I'm not really impressed here...this is his son:

On your heals, chest up...be tough? What about the spinal flexion and (gasp), the knees?

Guest ExperimentB76z

Good point, Derick.

This may seem off subject, especially since it is a squat, but it is in regard to Glenn Pendlay's coaching style. I'm not really impressed here...this is his son:

On your heals, chest up...be tough? What about the spinal flexion and (gasp), the knees?

Meanie :P

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Lol thats cute, I wonder he wasn't using clamps?

I'm not really impressed here...this is his son:

BTW, I was not saying I was not impressed with his son. He is only doing what his coach is telling him. What I meant by this is that I'm not impressed with Glenn's coaching. Why is he not fixing the egregious errors here, instead of just telling him to be tough?

Guest ExperimentB76z

BTW, I was not saying I was not impressed with his son. He is only doing what his coach is telling him. What I meant by this is that I'm not impressed with Glenn's coaching. Why is he not fixing the egregious errors here, instead of just telling him to be tough?

Your could always ask him? ;)

Adding to this so it is bumped to the top of the exercise section again, as was down on Page 3...

Recent video came out dealing with both the power clean and the clean.  The guy is a strongman, not a weightlifter, but still very good instructional video.

https://youtu.be/mPsxlNjv7Aw