Sign in to follow this  
rossi

Strength Standards - Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced

Some of you might recognize this content from another forum. I made all the necessary calculations again.

These are the strength standards by which to measure yourself: in what class do you belong at present?

It is directly based on classifications Rippetoe has developed in his books, but calculated to Wilks score and Siff scores. As the Wilks scores are almost equal across the weight ranges, I think he set the boundaries by experience, by using Wilks or regression analysis.

Now all you need to remember are the Wilks scores.

What is a Wilks score?:

The wiki: http://en.wikipedia....lks_Coefficient

How to calculate your own Wilks score (enter your Squat, bench and deadlift total): http://wilkscalculator.com (you can change from lbs to kg)

Wilks (standardised scores to compare persons of different weight in total of bench+squat+deadlift)

aRg0C.png

Also keep in mind that the categories are not equidistant. To go from Novice to Intermediate is a 40 Wilks point jump. To go from Intermediate to Advance is a 85 Wilks jump.

Siff (percentage of world record holders strength)

HPu1M.png

Thanks for pointing out this thread mate, totally missed It!

I've been Advanced for quite some time. Should really push on now to be honest but I've got other goals to reach at the moment.

At my strongest and heaviest my Wilks score is 372.5 @ 131.5kg bodyweight :)

Since you just did 319 for the IS PWL comp, I guess the first challenge is getting back up to 372.5 @ 118kg bodyweight :)

The time between stages takes longer and longer. You can go from beginner to intermediate in a year or less, but getting from intermediate to advanced takes another 1-2 years on top of that. Getting to elite should take upwards of 5 years of concerted effort.

Wait--I'm slow. At 181 pounds I'm advanced if I have a total of 329? Surely not; I'm reading this wrong, right?

Also keep in mind that the categories are not equidistant. To go from Novice to Intermediate is a 40 Wilks point jump. To go from Intermediate to Advance is a 85 Wilks jump.

LOL--okay, thanks man, I was really confused.